Free Minecraft Summer Cyber-Camp for Kids
June 25, 2020 - August 6, 2020
June 25, 2020 – August 6, 2020
Location: Online (private server)
Course: Every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 10:00am – 11:00am (Registration Deadline is July 15th)
Free Play: 11:30-1:00 (NO registration deadline for Free Play!)
Learn how to create mini-games in Minecraft using commands during this
summer course. Kids will play on our very own server with no unknown people able to enter our Minecraft World. NO RANDOM STRANGERS!
BECOME A GAME BREAKER: Help test out mini-games or build your own!
- Learn how to make your own mini-game!
- Play with new and old friends in a game filled world
- Team build competitions for everyone to play!
- Games are unique and not open to public
- Free one-on-one and small group tutoring available
- Encourage kids to develop STEM skills
- Tech support available to help kids fix, change and learn things!
- Tech support available to help with setup too!
This program is led by a Mechanical Engineering Robotics Concentration Computer Science student from Ohio Northern University.
CYBER ETIQUETTE & SAFETY SESSIONS: Will be incorporated and offered by a law enforcement professional with 22 years experience.
- Adult supervised – we monitor them while they are playing.
- Good manners and kindness to others required from players: No bad language, No threats of violence, No inappropriate conversations, No mean acts (breaking other people’s ‘stuff’/creations!
- Parents encouraged to check-in to see how their kids are doing!
- Call, email or Facebook message us anytime. We want to support your family rules and help kids learn cyber etiquette and safety skills!
MC Mini Game Creation (for Minecraft) Course Details
Developed by: George Rak
Hosted by: The Lodi Family Center (Free Online Course)
- Registration is Now Open until July 15th, 2020*
- Course Begins: June 23rd, 2020 (you can catch up!)
- Course Scheduled to end the first week of August (Subject to change either direction based on everyone’s learning speed and time available)
- Mostly online
- Possibility of in-person sessions in the future
- Once you are registered, you will receive an email within a day or two from email@example.com including a welcome message and further instructions and links to forms to be completed.
- As this is offered online it is more flexible than normal and most lessons can be completed at your leisure.
- We do ask however, that world files be submitted on time so that we can make sure that you are not falling behind or having difficulty understanding something.
- We also ask that you are able to meet online with us for up to an hour between 10 and 11 AM EASTERN on Tuesdays-Thursdays. Most lessons will not take that long but that is the longest I foresee them lasting.
Materials and Requirements:
- Intended for kids in 5th grade +, but open to anyone with an interest
- A computer (If unsure if your PC will suffice, please message us on Facebook or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org )
- A copy of Minecraft (approximately $27. We will provide tech support to help families make sure their home system can handle it prior to purchase.)
- Internet access
If you have any questions you can contact us at email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Kids can register for this Course anytime through July 15th and make up missed lessons to catch up. Individual tutoring provided to assist them with this. PLEASE NOTE: Free play time is open anytime they want to play. No commitment needed and no registration deadline for free play. Can come and go as like (or earn by getting chores finished with little to no whining?).